FINANCIAL / COMMERCIAL ACUMEN TRAINING PROGRAMS IN INDIA
Understanding Numbers, Driving Numbers, Driving Profitable Growth
Middle and Senior level Managers and Leaders.
This Finance for non-finance offering enables professionals, especially from functional areas other than finance such as sales, marketing, human resource, research and development, production, procurement, to gain an extensive working knowledge of essential financial concepts and principles in an easy-to-use manner, enabling them to make critical business decisions involving cost-savings, budgets, new projects decisions, growth strategies, etc. Participants are able to understand and analyse financial statements as well as grasp the basic fundamentals of finance and accounting.
- Duration: Two options are available:
- 1 day format (without simulation)
- 2 day format (with financial/commercial acumen simulation)
- Batch Size: Min 24, Max 40 participants
- Customized: Extensively to your key learning objectives.
- Location: In-house program at venue provided by client organization
- Investment: Dependent on format, scope, content and customization
- An antidote to fear and under-confidence with numbers – strong familiarity and comfort with numbers and financial data
- Understand finance and accounting’s role in business and be competent with the language of accounting
- Learn and apply key concepts of managerial and financial accounting
- Calculate ratios and develop a sound ratio analysis
- Confidence for Enlarged Scope and Depth of Roles/ Responsibilities
- Develop Financial & Commercial Acumen
- Think Backwards from Revenue, Cost, Profits & Cash
- Quickly and accurately articulate the financial implications of business decisions
- Identify red flags in financial statements
Key Learning Outcomes
Programs are customized to the learning goals. Typical key learning outcomes include:
This programme aims to meet the requirements of managers who would like to be well versed with the foundational and essential aspects of finance in different functional areas. Reading and interpreting financial concepts and data and developing the ability to see the business implications of numbers is a key outcome of this programme, which aims to help participants:
- Appreciating the interlinkage of finance on other business functions and corporate activities
- Understand and analyse financial statements – pick out key metrics and meaningful information
- Be more confident to discuss relevant financial issues with finance managers/stakeholders in their organisation
- Understand the financial implications of business decisions across the organization
- Get practical insights and gain swift appreciation of the fundamentals of finance and accounting.
Detailed Topical Coverage and Session Flow
Would you like more detailed information? Learn More
Developing Financial Skills & Commercial Acumen : A Winning Mindset
Any management competency framework in today competitive world includes a healthy dose of Business Acumen, Financial Skills & Commercial Acumen. For most managers and high potential progressing northwards, Financial Acumen & Commercial Acumen remains the Achilles heel and key deficiency for most.
Our Financial Skills & Commercial Acumen training programs, workshops and courses would help develop these competencies in an compelling and enduring manner. Developing and honing Financial Skills & Commercial Acumen and business acumen are key to effective managerial performance today. Our Finance for Non Finance workshops are amongst the most highly acclaimed in India today.